Thursday 21 June 2012

Dig Deep


I had just arrived Delta safely from Abuja and was very hungry!! So I asked the cook to prepare me crayfish rice for me to eat and sleep. Luckily for me, my mum being overwhelmed that her son is finally back home, decided she was going to prepare a special crayfish rice for her son (me). While I waited earnestly for the food, I thought about the many changes in my life, and how wonderful God has been to me throughout my four years in the higher institution.  

After about an hour, mama calls her young boy “Huntly come to the dining table, your food is ready oh!!!!” You know the feeling you have when you know what you’ve been waiting for is finally before you.  Well, I immediately rushed to the dining table, sat down, opened the plate, and to my greatest surprise there was no meat in the food I had been waiting for. “Oh God!! How can I eat this rice without any meat mum?” I said in an angry manner. Mum replies “Huntly, why not eat your food and stop complaining.” 

Reluctantly, I started eating the food while my mum sat beside me watching my every expression. To my amazement, beneath the rice, was the meat I had cried for and complained about when I couldn’t see it on the surface. I thought for a sec “Isn’t this how many people loose what they want even before they get it just because they gave up too soon?”  They scratch the surface, looking for treasures, and became disappointed when they couldn’t find what they were looking for. They fail to realize that treasures aren’t found on the surface. You don’t find diamonds by the road side; you’ve got to dig deep for them.  One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat. Every person is guilty of this mistake at one time or another. 

You have come too far to want to give up on that dream, relationship, business, family or even YOURSELF. I know it’s really hard to go through the wilderness experience, but that is where God teaches us CHARACTER.  Yes you were tried in the fire, but you are coming out as GOLD. It’s in that wilderness experience that we are polished and prepared for God’s plan for our lives.
 Be encouraged friend, and always know that at the end of every tunnel there is a LIGHT. Think about it… what if I had giving up on eating that crayfish rice that day just because I couldn’t see the meat on the surface?
GRACIAS

2 comments:

t2 said...

Nice One Huntly,
Very Very True!!!
t2 (positive pressure)

Unknown said...

Thanks alot dear. Really appreciate you stopping by